A collaboration with four renowned guest companies
Join Ballet West and several of America’s most esteemed ballet companies over two weekends as we celebrate new works from around the country. Experience this unprecedented event with two different programs in the new Eccles Theater, which will feature world premieres by Nicolo Fonte and Val Caniparoli for Ballet West.
- Sarasota Ballet – Presenting gifted choreographer Ricardo Graziano’s ethereal and haunting In a State of Weightlessness, which premiered at Jacob’s Pillow Dance Festival in August 2015.
- Pennsylvania Ballet – Bringing THE ACCIDENTAL, a contemporary ballet choreographed by Trey McIntyre in 2014 that allows the dancers to play off each other, using the weight of their partners as obstacles to overcome with grace.
- Ballet West – Premiering Resident Choreographer Nicolo Fonte’s fourth World Premiere for Ballet West. The seventh of his works the Company has mounted since 2012, it will showcase Fonte’s unique brand of musicality, physicality, and fascination that Ballet West audiences have come to adore through pieces such as Bolero, Almost Tango, and The Rite of Spring.
- Seattle’s Pacific Northwest Ballet – Staging the exciting, internationally-recognized choreographer Annabelle Lopez Ochoa’s Before After, a pas de deux created in 2002 for the Dutch National Ballet about a relationship that is coming to an end.
- Oregon Ballet Theatre – Presenting Terra, a new creation from esteemed choreographer Helen Pickett, set to an original score by American composer Jeff Beal of House of Cards Pickett has a flair for drama, and this latest production takes inspiration from indigenous dances of the world, contemporary ballet, and Joseph Campbell’s work on myth and metaphor.
- Ballet West – Presenting a World Premiere by world renowned choreographer, Val Caniparoli, whose untitled new work (currently in creation) will be powerful, athletic, and hypnotic, inspired by Lou Harrison’s “Concerto For Pipa and String Orchestra.”
AT THE ECCLES THEATER
|May 19||Evening 7:30 pm|
|May 20||Matinee 2:00 pm|
|May 20||Evening 7:30 pm|
|May 26||Evening 7:30 pm|
|May 27||Matinee 2:00 pm|
|May 27||Evening 7:30 pm|
Ana Calderon, Alexander Peters
Oksana Maslova, James Ihde
Alexandra Hughes, Ian Hussey
THE SARASOTA BALLET
IN A STATE OF WEIGHTLESSNESS
Kristianne Kleine, Ricardo Rhodes
Danielle Brown (Ellen Overstreet 5/20 MAT), Jamie Carter
Kate Honea, Ricki Bertoni
Victoria Hulland, Weslley Carvalho
Elizabeth Sykes, Logan Learned
FOX ON THE DOORSTEP
Chase O’Connell, Arolyn Williams
Rex Tilton, Beckanne Sisk
Alexander MacFarlan, Chelsea Keefer
Adrian Fry, Katherine Lawrence
Tyler Gum, Gabrielle Salvatto
OREGON BALLET THEATRE
Thomas Baker, Eva Burton, Martina Chavez, Xuan Chen
Peter Franc, Makino Hildestad, Michael Linsmeier
Katherine Monogue, Emily Parker, Avery Reiners, Brian Simcoe
Tyler Gum, Chase O’Connell, Joshua Whitehead
Emily Adams, Olivia Gusti, Chelsea Keefer
Katherine Lawrence, Gabrielle Salvatto, Anisa Sinteral
PACIFIC NORTHWEST BALLET
Angelica Generosa, James Moore
DANCES FOR LOU
Emily Adams, Katlyn Addison, Katie Critchlow, Allison DeBona, Jenna Rae Herrera,
Chelsea Keefer, Beckanne Sisk (5/27 MAT), Elizabeth Weldon, Arolyn Williams
Adrian Fry, Lucas Horns, Oliver Oguma, Alexander MacFarlan, Chase O’Connell (5/27 MAT),
Christopher Ruud, Christopher Sellars, Joshua Shutkind, Jordan Veit