From Studio to CEO
MAY 23, 2018 | 6:00 PM
Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Center
4th Floor, Studio A
52 West 200 South, Salt Lake City
The topic of women in leadership roles in ballet has come to prominence recently with articles in the New York Times and other publications, as well as increased attention placed on companies creating opportunities to showcase female choreographers’ work. Join us for a forum discussing the gender divide in ballet companies, from the corps to the c-suite.
Each of our panelists brings a wealth of experiences, and in some ways very different experiences, to their roles as leaders of ballet today. Joining us will be:
- Kate Mattingly, Assistant Professor of Dance, University of Utah
- Artistic Director of Charlotte Ballet, Hope Muir
- Choreographer África Guzmán
- Artistic Director of Cincinnati Ballet, Victoria Morgan
- Artistic Director of Ballet West, Adam Sklute
This event is free and open to the public. Open seating only.