Ballet West Administration
Ballet West Administration offices are located in the Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Centre, adjacent to the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre in downtown Salt Lake City. All qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume/CV and compensation history and compensation requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls should be made to the Ballet West offices, or to Ballet West personnel, regarding job postings.
Department Head level position
Reports to General Manager, and the Artistic Director
Supervises: full/part time production staff, as well as all over-hire production staff
General Description: Production Manager, in concert with the General Manager, is responsible for managing the Production Department of Ballet West (BW), supervising and facilitating the punctual and efficient execution of all productions, both in BW’s home theatre and in other venues, within the artistic and budgetary parameters established by the leadership of the organization. The Production Manager is responsible for the organization and maintenance of scenic and wardrobe warehouses and production shops. Additional duties include: produce plans and sections as necessary, arrange all cartage, manage all production department expenses, and manage all production payroll.
- Interact with co-workers in the spirit of cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork, maintaining a positive attitude toward change
- Participate in season planning with other department heads at the direction of company leadership
- Manage production schedules
- Manage all production budgets, including vendor payments and project reports
- Supervise all of BW’s production staff
- Manage all production and IATSE payroll
- Supervise and maintain all production facilities
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Maintain BW production standards within budget as established by company leadership
- Create a safe and sane working environment for all BW personnel and guests
- Development of all technical aspects of all productions in conjunction with the associated production staff
- Create plans and sections as needed
- Manage production process to meet deadlines and benchmarks set in the production calendar
- Attend and supervise technical rehearsals through opening
- Go on tour with company to supervise all production aspects
Qualified applicants will have a background in theatrical production with at least 5 years of experience in a managerial position. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in dance companies. Knowledge of lighting design, union work rules and VectorWorks a plus. Applicant must be able to travel nationally and internationally. Position is full time salaried with a competitive benefits package.
Ballet West is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is commensurate with comparable not-for-profit positions and experience. Interested candidates should apply by submitting cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to Felicia Cowan, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Production Manager”. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected. No phone calls, please.
Patron Services Advisor
Reports to: Patron Services
FLSA Status: Part-time, Hourly
SUMMARY: The Ballet West Patron Service Advisor will be responsible for taking inbound orders and making outbound calls, while providing exceptional customer service, in assisting patrons with season and single ticket orders, including ticket purchases, exchanges, and group orders. The Patron Service Advisor will also be responsible for actively up-selling with the goal of increasing Ballet West subscriptions and donations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities for the Patron Service Advisor include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Sell and process ticket packages and single tickets over the phone and in person via Tessitura Ticketing System
- Solicit donations/ season tickets via inbound/outbound phone calls
- Help meet pre-determined goals for ticket sales, promotions and contributions
- Follow-up with clients
- Identify potential group and corporate sale prospects
- Help maintain complete and accurate customer records
- Assist in preparing direct mail projects
- Work events and shows
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates should have prior customer service experience; excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team; high level of professionalism and grace under pressure; courteous attitude and strong listening skills; willingness to take a high volume of inbound calls and numerous outbound calls with a high energy level; commitment to setting and achieving goals; strong desire to succeed; excellent phone and computer skills; ability to learn and use Tessitura Ticketing Systems. Passion for the arts is desired.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Experience in customer relations in a ticket office environment and familiarity with the Tessitura Ticketing System, experience in telemarketing/telefunding and a background in dance or arts is preferred but not required. High School Diploma required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel locally. Due to the nature of Ballet West’s business (performing arts organization) work requires employee to be available to work after hours and some weekends.