Ballet West Administration
Ballet West Administration offices are located in the Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Centre, adjacent to the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre in downtown Salt Lake City. All qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume/CV and compensation history and compensation requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls should be made to the Ballet West offices, or to Ballet West personnel, regarding job postings.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Reports To: Associate Director of Marketing
The ideal candidate thrives in a face-paced, high-project-volume creative environment, has a strong sense of urgency, and is someone who works independently with moderate supervision. This person has a strong design background and design aesthetic and a strong working knowledge of the creative process. This person is a highly-skilled communicator who is experienced in bridging the space between brand requirements and creative execution.
- Ensure all creative projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
• Manages creative services functions to bring marketing messages to life.
• Develops effective and persuasive creative materials across digital and printed media.
• Develops and adheres to brand standards, web standards, graphic standards, tone of voice, and design best practices.
• Manages, maintains, and edits graphic files and photography.
• Helps to manage workflow for design projects across all departments.
• Photography skills a plus.
- Four-year degree in graphic design or visual communications preferred.
- 5+ years of creative experience
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in HTML, PHP, CSS coding a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Goal-oriented working style with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Marketing agency background a strong plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to persuasively market through the creative expressions of programs
- Ability to develop marketing programs and strategies from concept to tactical execution
- Ability to work with technology to deliver and manage marketing efforts
- Attention to detail yet able to develop and understand high-level strategies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute complete projects
- Ability to handle numerous projects and prioritize workload
- Availability for extended work hours if needed on occasion
Patron Services Manager
Manager of Patron Relations
SUMMARY: Oversees a team of individuals whose primary responsibility is to establish or deepen a long-term bond between individuals at any level with whom the organization has contact (from those calling with an inquiry, to single ticket buyers, to current Members, donors, or Board Members). This individual and his/her team also tactically answers questions, problem solves, takes ticket orders, and acts as the “front line” of the organization with the general public. This person also acts as a company interface with ArtTix and the box office during performances, supports the fundraising efforts of the Development Department and the subscription-sales efforts of the Marketing Department, and hires, trains and supervises his/her team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures prompt and accurate needs fulfillment and problem solving with all patrons.
- Notifies Development Department of fundraising opportunities and problem situations with donors that need to be addressed/resolved.
- Notifies Marketing Department of enhanced ticket sales and subscription opportunities (and directly handles those that are appropriate).
- Trains and supervises an exemplary, professional, customer-focused staff.
- Makes it easy for people to do business with Ballet West, ensuring:
- People aren’t bounced across the organization while attempting to get a problem resolved
- Team members are empowered within appropriate bounds to make decisions that quickly and accurately resolve customer problems
- He/she and team members are completely knowledgeable of each specific customer and their standing within the organization
- Everyone on his/her team is empathetic to the concerns/needs of the customer
- All team members utilize as few steps as possible to address a need or solve a problem
- Fosters a positive, motivating environment that encourages strong bonds between the employee, the customer and the organization
- Helps to move people “up the ladder” for both Development and Marketing purposes (i.e., appropriately encourages single ticket buyers to become subscribers, non-donors to become donors, small donors to become larger donors, non-Members to become Members, non-event-purchasers to become event purchasers, etc.)
- Is always critically aware of the proper next “step” for an individual in terms of greater connectivity with the organization
- Is always focused on fulfilling the needs of the customer
- Assists the Associate Director of Marketing and Director of Development with ticket sales, market research, fundraising opportunities
- Represents the organization at the ArtTix box office during select performances
- Generates appropriate ticket and donation reports
- Is responsible for group sales and appropriate lead generation for Marketing and Development
- Trains and assists employees in the use of ticketing software
- Assists Associate Director of Marketing with creation of season and single ticket campaigns, including scripting, etc.
- Interacts with customers and fellow co-workers in the spirit of cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Maintains a positive attitude toward change
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner, and ensures his/her team does so, as well
- Maintains the highest standards of professionalism and conduct within his/her department
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- At least 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity within a positive, customer-focused environment
- Familiarity with general ticketing principles/practices and customer service standards
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment. Database management required. High level of Microsoft Office competency, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint critical. Knowledge of Tessitura highly desirable.
- Solid leadership, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Motivated self-starter that has excellent people skills and holds himself/herself and the team to high quality standards.
- Ability to assist in the development and management of budgets, and employee work schedules.
- Ability to work within a diverse team that has varying levels of experience to produce the highest quality result.
- Has polished presentation and interpersonal skills, and an ability to motivate employees to produce quality results within tight timeframes.
- Ability to manage multiple sales campaigns/initiatives and complex deadline-oriented projects.
- Has a keen eye and an attention to detail.
Academy Administrator, Thanksgiving Point Campus
Reports to: Academy Director
Status: *Full-Time/Exempt with benefit package
*Availability to work nights and weekends for performances and/or auditions as necessary
The Academy Administrator manages all administrative matters for Ballet West Academy. Works closely with the Academy Principal and the Head Academy Administrator on budgeting, supervising staff, policy-making, marketing, and program/project management.
- Oversee general administrative and financial operations with the Academy Principal and Head Academy Administrator
- Participate in preparation and maintenance of Academy Budget
- Coordinate and track scholarships, financial aid
- Prepare and track payroll for part-time and full time staff
- Prepare purchase orders
- Participate in tuition and program analysis
- Oversee marketing for academy classes and performances
- Coordinate ticketing processes with marketing department
- Oversee academy website information
- Develop written official communications
- Year round and summer handbook
- Crisis Management and Safety policies (in conjunction with HR Department)
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree (Business or Arts Administration preferred)
Experience working with database software
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to mentor and train staff
Customer service skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently with varied personalities, as well as in a team setting
Strong accounting skills with experience in creating and implementing budget
Excellent organizational skills
Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Office management in an educational and/or school setting
Classical ballet dance experience helpful
Knowledge of student visas
Experience working with the database software Tessitura
Experience in interviewing job applicants