Salt Lake City Adult Open Classes
Directions into Trolley Square to find the studio: The best entrance to enter is at 650 East 600 South, SLC UT 84102. As you enter the mall from 600 south, you will walk into a large amphitheater. Elevated on your left will be Sam Weller’s Book Store and on your right will be the Ballet West Administrative Offices. Walk up the short stairway and head to your left past Sam Weller’s and you’ll see the Ballet West Academy Office directly ahead. Head down the Hallway between Sam Weller’s and the Ballet West Academy office and the entrance to the studios will be around the corner on your left.
Restroom/dressing-rooms for men and women are located inside the entrance to the studios through the lounge on your right. It is a small space, shared by company dancers and Academy students.We recommend coming underdressed whenever possible. Additional restrooms are located outside of the Academy offices. Lockers are not available for use. Please take all personal belongings (Including shoes) into the studio contained in your dance bag.
There is free parking at Trolley Square on the south side of 600 South directly across from the south entrance. There is also covered parking on the Westside entrance. Metered parking is also available Parking on the street is two hours free on Saturdays.
Directions into the Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Centre: The access door is off of 200 south at 52 west. There is a large sign with the words “Ballet West.” Enter the door next to this sign. Take the stairs to the second floor to sign-in with the receptionist. Dressing rooms are also located on the second floor. The receptionist will then direct you to the correct studio where class will take place. The exact studio within the Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Center will rotate.
Class Days and Times:
Beginning August 29, 2016 NEW CLASS TIMES
Adult classes are held five times each week.
Our adult classes are at the following times through-out the year beginning on Monday, August 29, 2016.
- Monday and Friday mornings: 9:00-10:30 am Trolley Square
- Tuesday and Thursday evenings: 7:00-8:30 pm Trolley Square
- Saturday mornings: 9:00-10:30 am at our JESSIE ECCLES QUINNEY BALLET CENTRE LOCATION (52 W 200 S, SLC UT)
Classes are drop-in classes which means you do not need to pre-register to take class. You can start at any time. No audition required. Just show up as often as you like. 5 times a week, every other week, once a month, or once a year…whatever works for you! If you arrive late for class, please check with the teacher to determine whether it is still possible to join class.
Classes are given at a high Intermediate/low advanced level, but we have all different levels of dancers attending, from a more beginner/elementary dancer to professional dancers during their time off! We do have both men and women attending these classes. The atmosphere is very welcoming… most of our attendees are dancers who have studied dance at some point earlier in life and are coming back because they miss having dance in their life. Starting back can take time, so be gentle with your first classes back, if it hasn’t been a while and enjoy the experience once again! You can push yourself as hard or as easy as you like in these classes to make your time with us as enjoyable as you want!
Unfortunately, we do not offer a beginning adult level. If you have had no training at all, please contact us for other options (801-869-6912)… we may be able to help you find a place to begin your studies.
About the Studio
These studios are also used by the Ballet West Company dancers and other levels of the Academy. Please be respectful of the activities going on in the studios as you wait for your class to begin.
Our dress code for classes is quite flexible. You can come in full ballet attire (leotards and tights) or sweats and a t-shirt. What ever you feel most comfortable in.
- The only thing we require is ballet shoes.
- Pointe classes are not offered, but if you have trained en pointe and want to take class in pointe shoes, you may at your own choosing.
- We request that you do not wear strong perfumes or colognes as some people do have allergies.
- Food, Drinks and Gum are not allowed in the studio. You may bring a water bottle that closes tightly. We encourage you to go green and use a reusable water bottle.
Drop-in class price:
- $12 for adults
- $10 for students and seniors
If you think you may be coming on a more regular basis, you may be interested in purchasing a pass card.
- 5 classes $57 ($47.50 for students and seniors) `
- 10 classes $114 ($95 for students and seniors)
- Pass cards expire one year from date of purchase and are non-transferable.
Payment for class is taken between barre and center, midway through class by the teacher conducting the class. Ballet West Academy accepts cash, check or all major credit cards.
We do not hold classes on the following holidays
- Memorial Day: Mon. May 30, 2016
- Independence Day: Mon. July 4, 2016
- Labor Day: Mon. Sept 5, 2016
- Thanksgiving: Thurs. Nov. 24, 2016
- Christmas Eve: Sat. Dec. 24, 2016
- New Year’s Eve: Sat. Jan 31, 2016
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Mon. Jan 16, 2017
- President’s Day: Mon. Feb. 20, 2017
If you have any other questions please contact us: email@example.com or 801-869-6912. If you email us, please include a phone number in your email correspondence as sometimes it is easier to answer your questions over the phone.