Ballet West Administration
Ballet West Administration offices are located in the Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Centre, adjacent to the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre in downtown Salt Lake City. All qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume/CV and compensation history and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls should be made to the Ballet West offices, or to Ballet West personnel, regarding job postings.
Job Title: Receptionist
Classification: Part time hourly
Reports To: Academy Director
Serve as receptionist for Ballet West Academy.
Assist with Academy administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately, use objective judgment to screen all visitors
- Responds to all incoming phone calls, emails, voicemails, and mail correspondence in a prompt, professional, friendly, informative manner
- Provide support for customers accessing Ballet West website and Parent Portal
- Organizes and secures volunteers for various projects as assigned
- Unlocks and open doors as assigned
- Locks and closes doors as assigned
- Provides building and dressing room access as assigned
- Provides support for auditions
- Assists with Academy events/performances as assigned
- Assists with student registration, class rolls, progression sheet, audition and attendance data entry
- Assists current/former/prospective students and parents with any questions/concerns
- Files, organizes, and maintains student records
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information and appraising job results
- Ensures discretion is used when interacting with parents and students maintaining confidentiality of staff, faculty, parent and student information
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintains security by following procedures; issuing dancer and visitor access
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains and monitors studio tablets, sounds systems, heating and cooling, computers, bathrooms, and floors, reporting irregularities to the proper authorities
- Performs housekeeping duties such as laundry, cleaning, and dishwashing
- Assists with toilet training and first aid administration and clean-up
- All other duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma.
- Some college preferred.
- Ability to interact with people in a friendly and informative manner.
- This individual will act as an initial point of contact for all current and prospective students & their parents. It is of upmost importance that this individual possesses excellent customer service and problem solving skills and an ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Minimum two years’ experience in customer service related field.
- Experience working with children and their parents strongly preferred
- Experience in dance preferred but not required
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity and processing systems, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives, and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts
- Organized: Methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished
- Computer Savvy: The knowledge and ability to use computers and technology efficiently and effectively
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems, applications and equipment used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization
- Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
- Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages and embrace dialogue from team members, while anticipating and resolving conflicting differences by exploring mutually agreeable solutions
- Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Light physical activity performing strenuous/non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature
- Bending legs downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Part time, seasonal, including evenings and weekends
- No overnight travel by land and/or air
Patron Service Advisor
Reports to: Coordinator of Patron Services
FLSA Status: Part-time, Hourly
Date: March 2016
The Ballet West Patron Service Advisor will be responsible for assisting patrons with season and single ticket orders, including ticket purchases, exchanges, and group orders during performances. The Patron Service Advisor will also be responsible for actively up-selling with the goal of increasing Ballet West subscriptions and donations.
The duties and responsibilities for the Patron Service Advisor include the following:
- Sells season subscription packages, single tickets, and group tickets, and solicits donations via inbound calls
- Sells season subscription packages prior to show times and during intermission
- Helps meet pre-determined goals for ticket sales, promotions, and contributions
- Sells ticket packages to patrons and solicits donations via outbound phone calls
- Directs patrons to usher staff, and/or front of house
- Identify potential group and corporate sale prospects
- Help maintain complete and accurate customer records
- Assist in preparing direct mail projects
- Work shows, special events, and community events
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualified candidates should have prior customer service combined with sales experience; excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; experience using Microsoft Excel and Word; ability to work independently and as part of a team; high level of professionalism and grace under pressure; courteous attitude and strong listening skills. Passion for the arts is desired.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Experience in customer relations in a ticket office environment, experience in telemarketing/telefunding and a background in dance or arts is preferred but not required. High School Diploma required.
Ability to travel locally. Due to the nature of Ballet West’s business (performing arts organization) work requires employee to be available to work after hours and some weekends.
$10 per hour base, plus sales bonuses; incentives. Ballet West is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). 4-20 hours per week.