Ballet West Administration
Ballet West Administration offices are located in the Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Centre, adjacent to the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre in downtown Salt Lake City. All qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume/CV and compensation history and compensation requirements to email@example.com.
No phone calls should be made to the Ballet West offices, or to Ballet West personnel, regarding job postings.
Reports to: Director of Ballet West Academy
Position Purpose: Assists in the daily functions of the Ballet West Academy.
- Greeting students and parents, screening visitors to the Academy
- Responding to incoming phone calls, email and mail
- Providing support for customers accessing Ballet West’s website
- Assists with Academy performances and events
- Maintaining student records
- Assisting with first aid administration and clean up
- Other duties as assigned
Skills/Qualifications: Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to work both independently and collaboratively; Passionate commitment to Ballet West’s mission, strategic direction and vision. Confidentiality and discretion required.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma required. Experience working with children and/or dance experience preferred.
Technical/Computer Skills: Capable of working within the Windows environment, specifically: Word, Excel, and Outlook programs.
Hours: Thursday from 4:00 pm to 8:45 pm and Friday from 3:00 pm to 8:45 pm, flexibility in schedule is preferred.
Other Requirements: Due to the nature of Ballet West’s business (performing arts organization) work may require employee to be available to work flexible hours and some weekends.
Reports to: Vice President of Development
The role of the Development Coordinator is to maximize efficiency of the department by streamlining financial revenue and expense tracking, database management, and overall patron and development communication.
- Handles day-to-day administrative support for the department
- Tracks daily, weekly, monthly, yearly contributed revenue and expenses, including monthly reconciliation with Tessitura and Financial Edge
- Responsible for accurately managing Tessituras financial forecasting and reporting
- Supports Development Department in reporting financial forecasts with Board Reports
- Participates in bi-weekly forecasting meetings with finance department
- Prepares financial documents for Foundation/Government grants and reports
- Responsible for handling all gift acknowledgements of donations (cash and in-kind)
- Sends acknowledgement letters for each gift and pledge within five business days of receipt
- Creates and shapes “best practices” policies around entering of gifts
- Manages monthly donations transactions
- Database liaison for Development
- Liaison between Ballet West/Salt Lake County/Tessitura
- Responsible for pulling patron lists for mailings, playbills, Front Row, etc.
- Point person for pulling database lists with Wealth Engine screenings; assist in data-mining to identify prospective donors
- Research Support
- Conducts research for prospective foundation, individual and corporate donors
- Attends and supports Ballet West Special Events, including but not limited to: intermission receptions, cast parties, fundraisers, donor salon events, etc. Assists with event execution onsite – load in/out, clean up, etc.