Ballet West Administration
Ballet West Administration offices are located in the Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Centre, adjacent to the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre in downtown Salt Lake City. All qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume/CV and compensation history and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls should be made to the Ballet West offices, or to Ballet West personnel, regarding job postings.
Department Head level position
Reports to General Manager, and the Artistic Director
Supervises: full/part time production staff, as well as all over-hire production staff
General Description: Production Manager, in concert with the General Manager, is responsible for managing the Production Department of Ballet West (BW), supervising and facilitating the punctual and efficient execution of all productions, both in BW’s home theatre and in other venues, within the artistic and budgetary parameters established by the leadership of the organization. The Production Manager is responsible for the organization and maintenance of scenic and wardrobe warehouses and production shops. Additional duties include: produce plans and sections as necessary, arrange all cartage, manage all production department expenses, and manage all production payroll.
- Interact with co-workers in the spirit of cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork, maintaining a positive attitude toward change
- Participate in season planning with other department heads at the direction of company leadership
- Manage production schedules
- Manage all production budgets, including vendor payments and project reports
- Supervise all of BW’s production staff
- Manage all production and IATSE payroll
- Supervise and maintain all production facilities
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Maintain BW production standards within budget as established by company leadership
- Create a safe and sane working environment for all BW personnel and guests
- Development of all technical aspects of all productions in conjunction with the associated production staff
- Create plans and sections as needed
- Manage production process to meet deadlines and benchmarks set in the production calendar
- Attend and supervise technical rehearsals through opening
- Go on tour with company to supervise all production aspects
Qualified applicants will have a background in theatrical production with at least 5 years of experience in a managerial position. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in dance companies. Knowledge of lighting design, union work rules and VectorWorks a plus. Applicant must be able to travel nationally and internationally. Position is full time salaried with a competitive benefits package.
Ballet West is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is commensurate with comparable not-for-profit positions and experience. Interested candidates should apply by submitting cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to Felicia Cowan, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com with the subject line “Production Manager”. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected. No phone calls, please.
Patron Services Manager
Manager of Patron Relations
SUMMARY: Oversees a team of individuals whose primary responsibility is to establish or deepen a long-term bond between individuals at any level with whom the organization has contact (from those calling with an inquiry, to single ticket buyers, to current Members, donors, or Board Members). This individual and his/her team also tactically answers questions, problem solves, takes ticket orders, and acts as the “front line” of the organization with the general public. This person also acts as a company interface with ArtTix and the box office during performances, supports the fundraising efforts of the Development Department and the subscription-sales efforts of the Marketing Department, and hires, trains and supervises his/her team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures prompt and accurate needs fulfillment and problem solving with all patrons.
- Notifies Development Department of fundraising opportunities and problem situations with donors that need to be addressed/resolved.
- Notifies Marketing Department of enhanced ticket sales and subscription opportunities (and directly handles those that are appropriate).
- Trains and supervises an exemplary, professional, customer-focused staff.
- Makes it easy for people to do business with Ballet West, ensuring:
- People aren’t bounced across the organization while attempting to get a problem resolved
- Team members are empowered within appropriate bounds to make decisions that quickly and accurately resolve customer problems
- He/she and team members are completely knowledgeable of each specific customer and their standing within the organization
- Everyone on his/her team is empathetic to the concerns/needs of the customer
- All team members utilize as few steps as possible to address a need or solve a problem
- Fosters a positive, motivating environment that encourages strong bonds between the employee, the customer and the organization
- Helps to move people “up the ladder” for both Development and Marketing purposes (i.e., appropriately encourages single ticket buyers to become subscribers, non-donors to become donors, small donors to become larger donors, non-Members to become Members, non-event-purchasers to become event purchasers, etc.)
- Is always critically aware of the proper next “step” for an individual in terms of greater connectivity with the organization
- Is always focused on fulfilling the needs of the customer
- Assists the Associate Director of Marketing and Director of Development with ticket sales, market research, fundraising opportunities
- Represents the organization at the ArtTix box office during select performances
- Generates appropriate ticket and donation reports
- Is responsible for group sales and appropriate lead generation for Marketing and Development
- Trains and assists employees in the use of ticketing software
- Assists Associate Director of Marketing with creation of season and single ticket campaigns, including scripting, etc.
- Interacts with customers and fellow co-workers in the spirit of cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Maintains a positive attitude toward change
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner, and ensures his/her team does so, as well
- Maintains the highest standards of professionalism and conduct within his/her department
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- At least 3-5 years in a supervisory capacity within a positive, customer-focused environment
- Familiarity with general ticketing principles/practices and customer service standards
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment. Database management required. High level of Microsoft Office competency, including Excel, Word, and Powerpoint critical. Knowledge of Tessitura highly desirable.
- Solid leadership, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Motivated self-starter that has excellent people skills and holds himself/herself and the team to high quality standards.
- Ability to assist in the development and management of budgets, and employee work schedules.
- Ability to work within a diverse team that has varying levels of experience to produce the highest quality result.
- Has polished presentation and interpersonal skills, and an ability to motivate employees to produce quality results within tight timeframes.
- Ability to manage multiple sales campaigns/initiatives and complex deadline-oriented projects.
- Has a keen eye and an attention to detail.
Academy Administrator, Thanksgiving Point Campus
Reports to: Academy Director
Status: *Full-Time/Exempt with benefit package
*Availability to work nights and weekends for performances and/or auditions as necessary
The Academy Administrator manages all administrative matters for Ballet West Academy. Works closely with the Academy Principal and the Head Academy Administrator on budgeting, supervising staff, policy-making, marketing, and program/project management.
- Oversee general administrative and financial operations with the Academy Principal and Head Academy Administrator
- Participate in preparation and maintenance of Academy Budget
- Coordinate and track scholarships, financial aid
- Prepare and track payroll for part-time and full time staff
- Prepare purchase orders
- Participate in tuition and program analysis
- Oversee marketing for academy classes and performances
- Coordinate ticketing processes with marketing department
- Oversee academy website information
- Develop written official communications
- Year round and summer handbook
- Crisis Management and Safety policies (in conjunction with HR Department)
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree (Business or Arts Administration preferred)
Experience working with database software
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to mentor and train staff
Customer service skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently with varied personalities, as well as in a team setting
Strong accounting skills with experience in creating and implementing budget
Excellent organizational skills
Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Office management in an educational and/or school setting
Classical ballet dance experience helpful
Knowledge of student visas
Experience working with the database software Tessitura
Experience in interviewing job applicants
Patron Services Advisor
Reports to: Patron Services
FLSA Status: Part-time, Hourly
SUMMARY: The Ballet West Patron Service Advisor will be responsible for taking inbound orders and making outbound calls, while providing exceptional customer service, in assisting patrons with season and single ticket orders, including ticket purchases, exchanges, and group orders. The Patron Service Advisor will also be responsible for actively up-selling with the goal of increasing Ballet West subscriptions and donations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties and responsibilities for the Patron Service Advisor include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Sell and process ticket packages and single tickets over the phone and in person via Tessitura Ticketing System
- Solicit donations/ season tickets via inbound/outbound phone calls
- Help meet pre-determined goals for ticket sales, promotions and contributions
- Follow-up with clients
- Identify potential group and corporate sale prospects
- Help maintain complete and accurate customer records
- Assist in preparing direct mail projects
- Work events and shows
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates should have prior customer service experience; excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; ability to work independently and as part of a team; high level of professionalism and grace under pressure; courteous attitude and strong listening skills; willingness to take a high volume of inbound calls and numerous outbound calls with a high energy level; commitment to setting and achieving goals; strong desire to succeed; excellent phone and computer skills; ability to learn and use Tessitura Ticketing Systems. Passion for the arts is desired.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Experience in customer relations in a ticket office environment and familiarity with the Tessitura Ticketing System, experience in telemarketing/telefunding and a background in dance or arts is preferred but not required. High School Diploma required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel locally. Due to the nature of Ballet West’s business (performing arts organization) work requires employee to be available to work after hours and some weekends.