Ballet West Administration
Ballet West Administration offices are located in the Jessie Eccles Quinney Ballet Centre, adjacent to the Janet Quinney Lawson Capitol Theatre in downtown Salt Lake City. All qualified candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter, resume/CV and compensation history and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls should be made to the Ballet West offices, or to Ballet West personnel, regarding job postings.
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Reports To: Associate Director of Marketing
The ideal candidate thrives in a face-paced, high-project-volume creative environment, has a strong sense of urgency, and is someone who works independently with moderate supervision. This person has a strong design background and design aesthetic and a strong working knowledge of the creative process. This person is a highly-skilled communicator who is experienced in bridging the space between brand requirements and creative execution.
- Ensure all creative projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
• Manages creative services functions to bring marketing messages to life.
• Develops effective and persuasive creative materials across digital and printed media.
• Develops and adheres to brand standards, web standards, graphic standards, tone of voice, and design best practices.
• Manages, maintains, and edits graphic files and photography.
• Helps to manage workflow for design projects across all departments.
• Photography skills a plus.
- Four-year degree in graphic design or visual communications preferred.
- 5+ years of creative experience
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency in HTML, PHP, CSS coding a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Goal-oriented working style with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Marketing agency background a strong plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to persuasively market through the creative expressions of programs
- Ability to develop marketing programs and strategies from concept to tactical execution
- Ability to work with technology to deliver and manage marketing efforts
- Attention to detail yet able to develop and understand high-level strategies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute complete projects
- Ability to handle numerous projects and prioritize workload
- Availability for extended work hours if needed on occasion
Job Title: Receptionist
Classification: Part time hourly
Reports To: Academy Director
Serve as receptionist for Ballet West Academy.
Assist with Academy administrative duties including but not limited to:
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately, use objective judgment to screen all visitors
- Responds to all incoming phone calls, emails, voicemails, and mail correspondence in a prompt, professional, friendly, informative manner
- Provide support for customers accessing Ballet West website and Parent Portal
- Organizes and secures volunteers for various projects as assigned
- Unlocks and open doors as assigned
- Locks and closes doors as assigned
- Provides building and dressing room access as assigned
- Provides support for auditions
- Assists with Academy events/performances as assigned
- Assists with student registration, class rolls, progression sheet, audition and attendance data entry
- Assists current/former/prospective students and parents with any questions/concerns
- Files, organizes, and maintains student records
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information and appraising job results
- Ensures discretion is used when interacting with parents and students maintaining confidentiality of staff, faculty, parent and student information
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Maintains security by following procedures; issuing dancer and visitor access
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains and monitors studio tablets, sounds systems, heating and cooling, computers, bathrooms, and floors, reporting irregularities to the proper authorities
- Performs housekeeping duties such as laundry, cleaning, and dishwashing
- Assists with toilet training and first aid administration and clean-up
- All other duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma.
- Some college preferred.
- Ability to interact with people in a friendly and informative manner.
- This individual will act as an initial point of contact for all current and prospective students & their parents. It is of upmost importance that this individual possesses excellent customer service and problem solving skills and an ability to remain calm and professional under pressure
- Minimum two years’ experience in customer service related field.
- Experience working with children and their parents strongly preferred
- Experience in dance preferred but not required
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity and processing systems, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Flexibility: Demonstrate responsiveness and adaptability following change initiatives, and demonstrates ongoing support for change efforts
- Organized: Methodical and efficient in structuring tasks to be accomplished
- Computer Savvy: The knowledge and ability to use computers and technology efficiently and effectively
- Job Knowledge/Technical Knowledge: Demonstrates a sound working knowledge of current role and the technical systems, applications and equipment used in performing this role, and understands the impact this role has on other business functions within the organization
- Interpersonal Communication: Writes and speaks effectively based on the psychological, relational, situation, environmental and cultural dynamics within the situation
- Collaboration and Partnership: Encourages and embrace dialogue from team members, while anticipating and resolving conflicting differences by exploring mutually agreeable solutions
- Manages Change: Demonstrates effectiveness and flexibility with changing environments, responsibilities, tasks, and people
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves issues timely by gathering and analyzing information skillfully
- Light physical activity performing strenuous/non-strenuous daily activities of an administrative nature
- Bending legs downward and forward by bending leg and spine
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances
- Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation
- Part time, seasonal, including evenings and weekends
- No overnight travel by land and/or air
Academy Administrator, Thanksgiving Point Campus
Reports to: Academy Director
Status: *Full-Time/Exempt with benefit package
*Availability to work nights and weekends for performances and/or auditions as necessary
The Academy Administrator manages all administrative matters for Ballet West Academy. Works closely with the Academy Principal and the Head Academy Administrator on budgeting, supervising staff, policy-making, marketing, and program/project management.
- Oversee general administrative and financial operations with the Academy Principal and Head Academy Administrator
- Participate in preparation and maintenance of Academy Budget
- Coordinate and track scholarships, financial aid
- Prepare and track payroll for part-time and full time staff
- Prepare purchase orders
- Participate in tuition and program analysis
- Oversee marketing for academy classes and performances
- Coordinate ticketing processes with marketing department
- Oversee academy website information
- Develop written official communications
- Year round and summer handbook
- Crisis Management and Safety policies (in conjunction with HR Department)
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree (Business or Arts Administration preferred)
Experience working with database software
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & Outlook)
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to mentor and train staff
Customer service skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently with varied personalities, as well as in a team setting
Strong accounting skills with experience in creating and implementing budget
Excellent organizational skills
Reliable transportation with valid driver’s license
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
Office management in an educational and/or school setting
Classical ballet dance experience helpful
Knowledge of student visas
Experience working with the database software Tessitura
Experience in interviewing job applicants
Assistant to the Artistic Director
Reports to: Artistic Director
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
The position of Assistant to the Artistic Director is generally responsible for various aspects of administration and implementation of the artistic vision and activities of the company through, among other things, management, coordination, and provision of support for the Artistic Director, Music Director, Ballet Masters, visiting choreographers, and guest artists; company relations, and other administrative functions in furtherance of the artistic values of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Managing and coordinating dancers’ daily schedules, including prioritization and assessment of company artistic needs;
- Assembly of Master Calendar including, but not limited, calendaring of rehearsals and performance weeks, lay-off weeks, holidays, and dancer free days;
- Advises, monitors, and supervises staff with respect to AGMA rules and regulations to conform with contractual obligations;
- Manages Artistic Directors’ appointment and work schedule through planning and organization of meetings, conferences, and teleconferences, both internally and externally;
- Serve as representative of Artistic Director and staff with respect to guests and customers of BW;
- Maintain company confidence with respect to internal communications, confidential personnel matters, financial information, and artistic plans of Ballet West, among other confidential information;
- Serve as liaison between Artistic Director and the artistic staff, dancers, employees, and outside community;
- Assist Artistic Director in development, coordination, and implementation of future artistic plans and goals for company;
- Manage and coordinate the Artistic Director’s internal and external communications;
- Participate in evening and tech dress rehearsals and performances to monitor and evaluate in conjunction with the Artistic Director and independently identify particular artistic and logistic issues of concern for attention;
- Coordinate, organize, and serve as primary external contact for yearly company auditions;
- Review and evaluate audition candidates’ qualifications and skills for recommendation regarding potential suitability for evaluation by Artistic Director and staff;
- Prepare and teach company class and/or act as rehearsal assistant for demonstration of choreography, movement, and artistry; if time and work load allow.
- Oversight and management of child cast members involved in Ballet West productions.
- Completes projects and assignments by establishing objectives; setting priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; problem-solving and making adjustments to plans.
- General office duties including but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing and filing.
Education/Experience: Experience in performing arts administration and coordination of staff, clerical and database experience.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to independently identify, and solve practical problems regarding the coordination and administration of various aspects of a performing arts company including and artistic design of particular performances;
Language Skills: Capable of reading and interpreting documents such as schedules, contracts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals; ability to write correspondence.
Technical Skills: Capable of working within the Windows environment, specifically: Word, Excel, and Outlook programs.
Other Requirements: Due to the nature of Ballet West’s business (performing arts organizations) work may require employee to be available to work flexible hours and some weekends.